Callie Miller MHS, RDN, LD
Idaho Nutrition Associates
13960 W. Wainwright Drive Suite 101
Boise, IDAHO 83713
- GI/Digestive Disorders
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Exercise Physiology
- Diabetes, Hypoglycemia
- Healthy Eating
- Community Nutrition
- Childhood Obesity
- Weight Management
- Eating Disorders
- Heart Disease
- Cholesterol Management
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Menu Planning
- Sports Nutrition
- Prenatal Nutrition
- General Nutrition, Wellness
- Postpartum Nutrition
Outpatient Dietitian, St. Luke’s, Meridian, ID March 2016 - April 2017
• Provide medical nutrition therapy counseling to a variety of patients.
• Conduct quarterly nutrition visits for Communicare Group Homes.
• Create seasonal menus and recipes for Communicare Group Homes.
• Present to large audiences on various topics.
• Assist patients in scheduling and verifying insurance coverage for medical nutrition therapy.
Inpatient Dietitian, St Luke’s, Boise, ID February 2016 – March 2017
• Conducted daily malnutrition assessments on all patients.
• Utilized medical nutrition therapy for all patients.
• Calculated and monitored daily TPN and tube feeds prescriptions.
• Attended monthly hip fracture protocol meetings.
• Educated patients daily on diet orders and nutrition needs.
Nutrition Educator, University of Wyoming Extension, Rawlins, WY June 2015 – February 2016
• Conducted community needs assessments to identify need for nutrition programs.
• Created and implemented nutrition and food safety education programs across five counties.
• Attended multiple workshops to improve education delivery skills.
• Educated public on nutrition topics through newsletters, blogs, and social media.
• Presented to large audiences on a weekly basis about nutrition-related topics.
4-H Youth Development Intern, University of Idaho Extension, Pocatello, ID May 2014 – July 2014
• Lead 4-H Healthy Skills for Youth Program through program development and evaluation.
• Developed and implemented nutrition curriculums for children and teens in Bannock County.
• Researched and developed healthy recipe alternatives.
• Conducted pre- and post- surveys to analyze program effectiveness.
• Utilized multimedia resources for nutrition lessons.
Food Service Intern, Montana State University Food Services, Bozeman, MT May 2013 – July 2013
• Negotiated billbacks and FOB contract pricing for French fries to save $6,000.
• Collaborated with food brokers and salesmen on a daily basis.
• Cooked and served for catering events.
• Toured local beef producers for sustainability movement.
• Contributed to the redesign of three dining halls.
• Developed and tested upscale sandwiches and salads for the menu.
• Participated in the process of hiring a Head Baker and an Executive Chef.
• Gained skills in Excel, Star Solutions, Computrition, FileMaker, and Outlook.
Summercise Intern, Norton Sound Health Corporation, Nome, AK May 2012 – August 2012
• Created and implemented weekly classes for children on diabetes education, cooking lessons, and physical activity.
• Counseled patients who participated in diabetes screenings through a Step-By-Step Program.
• Educated pregnant women on healthy nutrition habits for prenatal health.
• Helped coordinate two local races.
• Cooked for 100 children with the School Lunch Program.
• Utilized multimedia resources to communicate healthy topics using radio broadcasting and monthly newsletters.
• Designed and executed a weekly exercise class at the Nome Recreational Center.
Nutrition Advisor, University of Idaho Extension, Pocatello, ID May 2011 – April 2013
• Assisted nutrition educators with teaching nutrition and exercise to children.
• Created fun games, dances, and activities for children.
• Learned innovative techniques for effective child nutrition education.
Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, NC Master of Health Science – Nutrition Emphasis
May 2014 – May 2016 GPA 3.9/4.0, Mission Health Scholarship
Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID Bachelor of Science in Dietetics
August 2010 – May 2014 GPA 3.7/4.0, Dean’s List, Student-Athlete
Western Carolina University, Asheville, NC
Clinical Rotation: Mission Hospital, Asheville, NC, 15 weeks
Community Rotation: Madison County WIC Department, Marshall, NC and Appalachian Sustainable Agricultural Project (ASAP), Asheville, NC, 7 weeks
Food Service Rotation: Buncombe County Schools, Asheville, NC, 6 weeks
Adults, Adolescents, Pediatrics
Nominating Committee Southwest Board Member, Idaho Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
Idaho Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Member
Nutrition Entrepreneurs Dietetic Practice Group
Dietitians in Integrative and Functional Medicine Dietetic Practi
- Awards: Mission Health Scholarship
- Registration State: IDAHO
- Registered with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics