|Job Description & Responsibilities:
Moveable Feast, a 501 c 3 nonprofit agency providing nutritious home-delivered meals to more than 3,200 individuals/year living with life threatening illnesses seeks a full time (exempt) Community Dietitian to provide direct nutritional support services and medical nutrition therapy to clients of Moveable Feast, including nutritional assessment, counseling, education and advocacy. Evaluate, interpret, monitor, and document the nutritional status and nutritional needs of clients. Position reports to Director of Program Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conduct nutrition assessment, counseling and education in-person (during home visits or clinic appointments) or via telephone. Evaluate and monitor the nutritional status of clients receiving services.
2. Collaborate with providers to identify and connect with patients in need of nutrition counseling.
3. Collaborate with the kitchen staff to plan menus that meet nutritional requirements, therapeutic needs and cultural preferences. Monitor the kitchen’s adherence to menus.
4. Partner with schools, community, and faith-based organizations to provide nutrition education.
6. Develop, review, update, and implement educational materials to meet the needs of clients.
7. Identify ways to improve the care of clients and participate in the quality improvement process.
8. Adhere to Moveable Feast’s Personnel Policies Manual.
9. Adhere to all Federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations, by protecting the privacy and security of all patient/client health information.
10. Other duties and responsibilities as requested or assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Food and Nutrition, Dietetics, Nutritional Sciences, Human Nutrition, or comparable major, required.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field, strongly preferred.
• Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RD/RDN) by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
• Hold licensure in the state of Maryland as a Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist (LDN).
• Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years’ experience in nutritional counseling, education & dietary planning.
• Possess valid Maryland Driver’s license and availability of a personal vehicle.
• Knowledge of independent nutrition assessments & food systems management; & HIV & Oncology Nutrition, strongly preferred.
• Skilled in basic computers; in instructing others; in identifying and solving complex problems; in being socially perceptive--aware of reactions of others and understanding those reactions; in reading comprehension; in effective logic, reasoning and critical thinking; and in effective writing, speaking, and listening.
• Able to use independent judgment and manage and impart confidential information; read and comprehend simple instructions; write simple correspondence; effectively present information to individuals and groups; apply common sense understanding; carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; and be HIV/AIDS sensitive and interact with a diverse staff and client population.
Salary: $60,000 to $62,000 annually
Benefits: CareFirst BC/BS medical, dental & vision insurance (75% employer paid) + $2,000 HRA Visa Card; 2 weeks Paid Time Off (PTO); 9 paid holidays; & 403(b) retirement plan – employer matching.