|Job Description & Responsibilities:
• Inspection of food service operations
with guidelines to assure adherence to State and
• Inspection of Sanitation to assure
compliance with the latest edition of State Food
Service Sanitation Rules and Regulations.
• Medical record documentation for
nutrition assessment and enteral feeding.
Visitation and education to Residents in
assigned accounts as needed. Evaluation of
Resident’s nutrition and dietary needs;
documentation of such.
• Review of and (with care) revision of
menus and recipes to meet facilities’ needs.
Visits with clients for purposes of menu
development and revision. Will assist with
seasonal menu cycle changes working with the
company menu specialist.
• Periodic review of Diet Manual and
Policy and Procedure Manual to assure its
adequacy for the facility. Development of new
policies and procedures as needed for Food
Service and Nursing.
• Instruction to Food Service Supervisor
regarding nutritional documentation and
completion of assessments in order to meet
standards as set in policies. Instruction to
Food Service Supervisor regarding maintaining
standards in the food service to meet State and
Federal standards and to meet requirements set
forth in policy manual. As requested by the
facility, the Consultant Dietitian may be asked
to act as a preceptor for the Dietary Manager
• Provides in-services to facility staff
• As requested by facility, be present at
times of survey and assist in writing Plan of
• Ongoing communication with facility
administrator and nursing supervisors through
written reports (both standard and confidential
reports) and through exit meetings on
consultative visits. Prepares written report
for each consultative visit.
• Provide all reports in a timely manner.
Provides weekly report of hours in a timely
• Schedules accounts efficiently to meet
the needs of facilities as best as possible.
• At all times maintains a professional
image and works in a manner consistent with the
philosophy and objectives of the company in mind.
• Strives for self-improvement by
maintaining continuing education requirements.
Keeps current with changes in LTC regulations
and remains up to date regarding information
needed to complete the job well (i.e. survey
issues, changes in enteral formulas, policy