FUNCTIONAL NUTRITION 101: WHAT IT IS AND HOW TO GET STARTED PRACTICING IT TODAY
Do you have an interest in Functional Medicine? Do you ever wish you could take a more innovative approach when working with your chronically ill patients, but you just don't know where to start? If so, this webinar is for you! Kylene Bogden is a Registered Dietitian at the first hospital-based center for Functional Medicine in the world. In this webinar, you will learn the concept of addressing the whole patient, not just an isolated set of symptoms or complaints. Functional Nutrition is a method of practice that combines a comprehensive nutrition assessment with a thorough Functional Medicine based history in order to create personalized therapeutic interventions for the patient. As an RD, you will learn the framework necessary to enhance your knowledge of gut health, nutrient deficiencies and food sensitivities as it relates to the lifestyle and environment of a chronically ill patient. It's time to connect the dots of human health, reverse chronic disease and take your practice to the next level!
Upon successful completion of this one-hour course, the participant should be able to:
- Develop an understanding of the basic principles of Functional Medicine and understand the reasoning behind this approach.
- Explain the difference between a Conventional, Integrative, and Functional Medicine/Nutrition approach.
- Identify the most successful team approach when getting to the root of a patient's illness.
- Assess a patient using the Functional Medicine timeline and matrix.
- Identify symptoms of a food allergy, food intolerance and food sensitivity.
- Identify when it would be appropriate to use a functional nutrition approach when working with a patient.
Live Event Date:
Apr 07, 2020
Apr 07, 2023
Learning Need Codes (LNC):
3020, 5110, 6020, 6070
Performance Indicators/Learning Objectives: 1.2.5, 1.3.4, 2.2.4, 4.2.5
Target Audience: RDs, DTRs, Health Professionals
$18 ($18.00 per credit)
About the Presenter: Kylene Bogden, MS, RDN, CSSD, LDN, CLT, IFNCP
Kylene Bogden is currently an NBA dietitian specializing in functional nutrition--a whole-body, immune centric, approach to performance nutrition. Kylene was previously a dietitian at the Cleveland Clinic Center for Functional Medicine where she specialized in food sensitivities, gut health and nutrient deficiencies.
By creating personalized fueling strategies, she has helped thousands fuel their way to victory. Kylene has been quoted as an expert source in publications such as U.S. News and World Report, O Magazine, Time, Prevention, The Huffington Post, CBS.com and Women’s Health Magazine. Additionally, she has been invited to speak on the local, regional and national level. She is the creator of the functional sports nutrition blog: fwdfuel.com