Dua the Dietitian envisions a world where everyone understands their own nutritional needs
Dua the Dietitian’s mission is to equip clients with the necessary knowledge to achieve their nutrition and health goals.
Accessing nutrition information is easier than ever but navigating through it is becoming increasingly difficult. One day cholesterol is bad, the next day it’s the cure to all evil. Yesterday the Atkins Diet was all the rage; today fasting is the solution to all of your problems and tomorrow it might be the “grape diet” (we haven’t heard of it…yet).
Dietetics, like many other fields, is a science – there is a process, a method in the madness; and like many other fields it takes an expert to decipher it all. When it comes to nutrition and dietetics, a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist is that expert. At times it is difficult to access an expert but Dua the Dietitian is trying to bridge that gap. We place a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Dua Aldasouqi, right at your fingertips (literally). Dua offers individualized nutrition and health guidance to help you sort through the sea of information and reach your goals via sustainable lifestyle changes. She works with you to create a plan that works for you.
Dua genuinely believes that our relationship with food should not be complicated. Eating is an organic process but our bodies and minds are overstimulated with different flavors and information that we need help resetting. She likes to focus on eating in moderation and listening to your body but this, of course, will be different from person to person and body to body.
Dua the Dietitian, LLC – Champaign-Urbana, IL and Online Aug 2016 – Current Company Owner - Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and Health Coach
• Provide online health and nutritional counseling via HIPAA compliant platform
• Counsel clients on various nutritional concerns including weight loss, gain or maintenance goals, fitness and physical activity, general health and nutritional education, and other nutrition related diseases
• Create material for distribution that provide health and nutritional education including videos, blog posts, photos, and print materials
• Develop community seminars and webinars
• Manage all company activity including billing and budgeting, advertising and social media, and website
Healthcare Services Group – Holt and St. Louis, MI; Red Oak, TX; Alton and Belleville, IL Jan 2011 – Jun 2016
Clinical Dietitian/Nutritional Services Director
• Educate residents, families, and medical team on proper nutritional integration with overall health goals
• Evaluate resident nutritional status, design care plans, perform initial, follow-up, quarterly and annual assessments, complete MDS forms, participate in quality assurance activities
Greater Lansing Food Bank – Lansing, MI May 2013 – Aug 2013
Hunger Study 2014 Intern
• Co-manage study data collection by scheduling visits to food pantries, communicating schedules with data collectors, and completing data collection and data entry
College of Nursing of MSU – East Lansing, MI Jul 2010 – May 2013
Research Project Manager
• Manage a team of educators, data collectors, and volunteers for multi-state research project with over 200 participants
• Provide Principle Investigator with weekly reports of participant progress in project
• Create materials for project including flyers, newsletters, surveys, posters, etc.
Greater Lansing Islamic School (via Michigan Nutrition Network), East Lansing, MI Sep 2011 – May 2012
Cooking Matters Classes Site Coordinator
• Coordinate three six-week Cooking Matters classes by recruiting volunteer chefs, nutrition instructors, participants and identifying appropriate class sites
• Manage budget, paperwork, and communication with support staff
Maximax Pharmaceutical Research – Detroit, MI Sep 2009 – Jun 2010
• Coordinate projects, contacts, and details with CEO
• Research pharmaceutical companies, clinical trials, and assess appropriate involvement with clientele
Wayne State University – Detroit, MI Sep 2009 – May 2010
• Detroit Receiving Hospital (Clinical Rotation)
• Shorepointe Nursing Care Center (Long-Term Care Rotation)
• Wellness Center at Compuware (Community Rotation)
• St. John Hospital (Food Service Rotation)
Dua completed her BS in Dietetics from Michigan State University in 2009 and her one year Dietetic Internship from Wayne State University in 2010. She passed the Registered Dietitian Nutritionist exam in August of 2010 and has been working in the field ever since. During this time she also enrolled in and completed an MA in Health and Risk Communication from Michigan State University and has recently completed a Health Coach certification through the National Society of Health Coaches to provide you with the a holistic approach that takes your personal life, professional career, and social and financial circumstances into consideration.