Summary of Qualifications
•Registered Dietitian •Excellent oral and writing
• Experienced Nutrition &
• Excellent Facilitation
• Nutrition Program Evaluator
• Multi-lingual: English,
• Professional facilitator
and trainer • Food and Nutrition teaching
experience in Higher
• Microsoft word, Excel,
Nutrition Service-Department ofHealth (August 1989 – December 2000)
•Formulated and developed nutrition standards, policies, guidelines, and circulars on food and micronutrient supplementation.
• Assisted in the implementation, monitoring, evaluation and documentation
of nutrition projects, programs and studies.
•Prepared proposals for nutrition projects, programs
• Performed research related to nutritional disorders and deficiencies.
• Prepared Information and education campaign materials regarding normal and therapeutic diets.
• Acted as trainer/facilitator/resource person for staff training and various workshops and seminars.
• Conducted dietary counseling to employees and to the general public (walk-ins).
• Established professional relationships with partner agencies.
*Senior Health Programme Officer :
National Center for Disease Prevention and Control, Department of Health,
(October 2002 to September 2006)
• Developed, formulated, and evaluated policies, projects, programs, research and guidelines relative to the prevention and control of infectious diseases with special emphasis on TB.
• Provided technical advice and assistance to Regional Centers for Health Development, and various
Other partners and stakeholders.
• Represented the Office and Center in inter/intra agency activities and committees
Nutrition Rehabilitation Unit (Malward) Santo Tomas University Hospital (August 1981- September 1982)
• Planned, computed and implemented diets of pediatric patients in the malward and acute ward.
• Prepared menu, market order and cost accounting of expenses.
• Oriented and supervised nutrition students and other affiliates assigned in the ward.
• Supervised mothers or watchers in food preparation and other activities in the ward.
• Conducted mothers classes and nutrition education as well as counseling to patients including parents and watchers.
• Conducted outreach feeding program sponsored by the unit in selected areas.
• Followed-up discharged patients at the outpatient department of the hospital and/or their homes.
VOLUNTEER WORK :
* Palo Alto Medical Foundation - Community Health Resource Center (October 2012 – present)
• Attend to clients’ needs regarding information on health and related subject – researching the internet and various other educational materials.
• Assist staff in planning and conducting community seminars and events.
• Prepare health education materials as needed.
* Washington Hospital Health System (April 2011 – present)
• Assist in the activities conducted for the Senior Support Group of the hospital.
• Prepare health education materials as needed
• Assist with special projects (i.e., community seminars and events)
* Women, Infant, and Children – Tiburcio Vasquez Health Center (March –August 2008)
Union City, CA
• Assisted dietitians/nutrition assistants in nutrition education activities at the center.
• Administered anthropometric measurements of pediatric patients.
• Assisted in the breastfeeding program by inventorying breast pumps for functional and availability.
• Updated records of WIC clients.
• Followed-up WIC clients who were loaned breast pumps.
• Assisted dietitians and nutrition assistants in various activities of the center as needed.
1. Master of Professional
Studies in Food
and Nutrition Planning
University of the
Philippines at Los Baños
Los Baños, Laguna,
2. Bachelor of Science in
Foods and Nutrition
University of Santo Tomas,
3. Adult Weight Management
Newport Beach, CA
4. Certificate on
on Food and Nutrition
University of Wageningen,