123 How Lane
New Brunswick, NEW JERSEY 08901
I am currently Assistant Coordinator of the Women, Infants and Children Program of the Visiting Nurse's Association of Central New Jersey. I work primarily in prenatal, postpartum, infant and childhood nutrition. I am also experienced in nutritional management of chronic diseases such as: diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia. In addition, I am working on getting a small private practice started as well as a website. The website will focus on vegetarianism, as I have been a vegetarian for almost 10 years.
- Menu Planning
- Postpartum Nutrition
- Weight Management
- Private Practice
- Recipe Development
- Education, Teaching, Training
- Public Speaking, Lecturing
- Cholesterol Management
- Heart Disease
- Prenatal Nutrition
- Healthy Eating
- Public Health
- Nutrient Analysis
- Vitamins, Minerals, Supplements
- Diabetes, Hypoglycemia
- Food Allergies
- Bariatric Surgery
- General Nutrition, Wellness
Women, Infants and Children of Visiting Nurse’s Association of Central Jersey
Monmouth and Middlesex County, NJ
• Assess nutritional status of diverse population of women, infants and children up to age 5. Provide nutrition education on topics such as: breastfeeding, prenatal and postnatal nutrition as well infant and childhood nutrition.
Saint Peter’s University Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ
January 2006-November 2006
• Assess nutritional status, initiate appropriate care plans and furnish nutrition education to diverse population of patients hospitalized on Pulmonary and High Risk Obstetrics units.
• Assist Systems Coordinator with daily operational tasks for patient food service.
Nature’s Weigh, Somerset, NJ
September 2003-May 2004
Sales associate/ Assistant to In-store Nutritionist
• Performed sales duties for busy health food store. Maintained store inventory and made weekly schedule for all employees. Assisted in-store nutritionist with nutrient analysis of clients’ diets. Collaborated with nutritionist to design individualized meal plans for clients.
Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
September 2002-June 2003
Nutrition Educator for Urban Ecology Program
• Developed and taught nutrition education lessons to school age children in low-income areas. Generated recipes to complement nutrition lessons. Devised nutrition education materials in English and Spanish.
UMDNJ, School of Public Health, Piscataway, NJ
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, Dietetic Internship Program, New York, NY
• Evaluated the nutritional status, implemented effective care plans and provided nutrition education to hospitalized patients during rotations in the following diverse medical areas: Adult/Pediatric Nutrition Support, Behavioral Health, Burn/Trauma, Cardiology, Digestive, Endocrine, HIV/AIDS, Medicine/Surgery, Obstetrics, Oncology, Pediatrics, Rehab/Neurology, Renal Dialysis, Bariatric Surgery and Transplant
• Achieved competency to assume independent practice in all eligible clinical nutrition service rotations
• Gained experience in food systems management by working and supervising in the hospital’s extensive food service operation including: finance and procurement, food production, patient food service and tray line operations
• Assisted in preparations for 2005 JCAHO survey of NYPH.
• Received NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Falcon Award for Service Excellence in September 2005
Bachelor of Science Degree, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
Overall GPA: 3.5
World Institute Training School, Middlesex County College, Edison, NJ
September 2006-November 2006
Personal Training Certification
American Diabetes Association, Rutgers Alumni Association, Team in Training
- License State: NEW JERSEY