Mrs. Elizabeth Tapp MS, RD, CLT
2267 S. Hunter Road
Indianapolis, INDIANA 46239
- Owner and private practice dietetics consultant, Nutrition Advancement, conducting nutrition therapy with specializing in food sensitivity reactions for clients with gastro-intestinal disorders, migraine and fibromyalgia.
- Select, implement, monitor as well as evaluate standard and complex enteral and parenteral nutrition regimens, providing recommendations and adjustments to nutrition support according to individual needs.
- Design and implement nutrition care plans as indicated by patient / client health status.
- Facilitate nutrition care component of interdisciplinary team conferences to discuss patient / client treatment and discharge planning.
- Provide bespoke nutrition care, education and counseling to address complex needs, diverse cultures and religions across patient lifespans.
- Conduct community-based health promotion and disease prevention programs.
- Supervise counseling, education and other interventions in health promotion and disease prevention for patients / clients needing medical nutrition therapy for uncomplicated instances of common conditions including hypertension, obesity, diabetes and diverticular disease.
- Determine eligibility and educational requirements for participants in the Women, Infants and Children Supplemental Food Program and other patients in public health clinics. Support implementation and evaluation of nutrition education plan within established central government, local authority and divisional guidelines and standards.
- Evaluate patient nutritional status through in-depth analysis of medical records and patient interviewing.
- Provide diet planning, guidance and instruction to patients on individual and group basis at various clinic locations correlating nutrition needs with general health status, cultural patterns, personal preferences and economic factors
- Assist in planning and presentation of nutrition information to staff; present on nutrition and neurophysiology to staff at quarterly meetings.
- Perform anthropometrics, hemoglobin and lead screening via capillary source; monitor and evaluate anthropometrics, hemoglobin and lead screening, ensuring interventions and referrals as necessary.
- Deliver information, advice and support for prenatal and post-partum clients to assist with successful breastfeeding.
Dietetic Food Service Management
- Supervise quality improvement, including systems and customer satisfaction, for dietetics service and practice.
- Develop and measure outcomes for food and nutrition services and practice.
- Individual contributor to organizational change, planning and goal-setting processes via continuous participation.
- Organize collection and processing of financial data. Perform operations analysis.
- Administer and perform marketing and human resource functions.
- Participate in facility management, spanning equipment selection and design / redesign of work units.
- Manage integration of financial, human, physical, and material resources and services.
- Direct production of food that meets nutrition guidelines, cost parameters and consumer acceptance.
- Oversee development and or modifications of recipes/formulas.
- Undertake menu design as indicated by patient / client health needs.
- Participate in applied sensory evaluation of food and nutrition products.
- Co-ordinate procurement, distribution and service within delivery systems.
- Manage safety and sanitation issues related to food and nutrition.
- Ensure customer satisfaction systems meet highest standards for dietetics services and practice.
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Menu Planning
- Celiac Disease, Gluten-Free Diets
- GI/Digestive Disorders
- Food Allergies
Nutrition Advancement, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA / Huddersfield, UK 2010–Present
Owner / Private Practice Dietitian
Health and Hospital Corporation, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA 2009–2011
B.A. in Fine Arts, Literature & Philosophy Indiana University-Purdue University, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
M.S. in Nutrition Science Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, USA
Dietetic Internship Ball State University, Muncie, Indiana, USA
Earned and hold Registered Dietitian Status in U.S. and U.K.
Adults and Children
major credit cards and check
Currently Out-Of-Network Provider. Accepts Health Savings Account debit cards or checks. All clients receive insurance billing codes on receipts for insurance purposes if desired.
- Awards: Certified Lactation Specialist, Marion County Health Department
Certified LEAP Therapist, Signet Diagnostic Corporation
Food Safety Certified, National Registry of Food Safety Professionals, Inc.
- Registered with the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics