Can colostrum be taken by lactose or dairy sensitive individuals?
This talk was sponsored by Sovereign Laboratories. Providing Mother Nature’s Best Proprietary Formulas for optimal nutrition. Visit them at www.colostrumtherapy.com.
- Ghazaleh E, Seyed HA. Effects of early enteral bovine colostrum supplementation on intestinal permeability in critically ill patients: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Nutrition. 2019; 60: 106-111.
- Binesh B, Sourabh D, Ramandeep S, et al. Bovine colostrum in prevention of necrotizing enterocolitis and sepsis in very low birth weight neonates: A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot trial. J of Tropical Pediatrics. 2017; 63 (1) 10–17.
- Hałasa M1, Maciejewska D. Oral supplementation with bovine colostrum decreases intestinal permeability and stool concentrations of zonulin in Athletes. Nutrients. 2017;9(4). pii: E370.
- Harpal S. Buttar, Siddhi M. Bagwe, Sukhwinder K. Bhullar, Ginpreet Kaur, Chapter 1 - Health Benefits of Bovine Colostrum in Children and Adults, Eds: Ronald Ross Watson, Robert J. Collier, Victor R. Preedy, Dairy in Human Health and Disease Across the Lifespan, Academic Press, 2017.
- Chae A, Aitchison A et al. Bovine colostrum demonstrates anti-inflammatory and antibacterial activity in in vitro models of intestinal inflammation and infection. J Functional Food. 2017; 28:293-298.
- Sinn DH, Gwak G-Y, Kwon YJ, Paik SW. Anti-fibrotic effect of bovine colostrum in carbon tetrachloride-induced hepatic fibrosis. Precision and Future Medicine. 2017;1(2):88-94.
- Rocha, João. On the Historical Background of Bovine Colostrum. EC Nutrition. 2016; 4:980-981.
- Bagwe, S., Tharappel, L., Kaur, G., et al. Bovine colostrum: an emerging nutraceutical. J of Complementary and Int Med. 2015; 12(3),175-185.
- Ginpreet K, Rachana S, Wasim M, and Buttar H. Cardioprotective Effects of bovine colostrum against isoproterenol-induced myocardial Infarction in rats. J of Pharmacol and Toxicol, 2014; 9: 37-45.
- Kaducu FO1, Okia SA, Upenytho G. Effect of bovine colostrum-based food supplement in the treatment of HIV-associated diarrhea in Northern Uganda: a randomized controlled trial. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2011; 30(6):270-6.
- Keech, AM. Peptide Immunotherapy: Colostrum, A Physician’s Reference Guide. AKS Publishing; 2009.
- Min J, Hee C, et al. Bovine colostrum inhibits nuclear factor κB–mediated proinflammatory cytokine expression in intestinal epithelial cells. Nutr Research. 2009; 29 (4), 275-280.
- Stelwagen K, Carpenter E, et al. Immune components of bovine colostrum and milk, J Animal Sci. 2009; 87(13), 3–9.
- Jun HK, Wan SJ, Nag JC. Health-promoting effects of bovine colostrum in Type 2 diabetic patients can reduce blood glucose, cholesterol, triglyceride and ketones. J Nutr Biochem. 2009; 20(4):298-303.
- Keech A. Peptide immunotherapy: the use of bovine colostrum proline rich polypeptides in cytokine modulation for the alternative relief of allergic symptoms.bJ Allergy and Clin Immunol. 2008; 119:S260-S.
- Struff WG1, Sprotte G. Bovine colostrum as a biologic in clinical medicine: a review--Part II: clinical studies. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2008;46(5):211-25.
- Gauthier SF, Pouliot Y, Maubois JL. Growth factors from bovine milk and colostrum: composition, extraction and biological activities. Lait. 2006; 86(2) 99-125.
- Claes-Henrik F, Sonny C, et al. ColoPlus, a new product based on bovine colostrum, alleviates HIV-associated diarrhoea. Scand Jof Gastroent. 2006;41:6, 682-686.
- Kubis A, Marcinkowska E, Janusz M. Studies on the mechanism of action of a proline-rich polypeptide complex (PRPs): effect on the stage of cell differentiation. Peptides. 2005; 26(11):2188-2192.
- Kelly GS. Bovine colostrums: a review of clinical uses. Altern Med Rev. 2003; 8(4):378-94.