Does/How does fasting effect microbiomes? What about for people who do cleanses? Thank you
Is there a set amount of stains of bacteria in probiotics that have been shown to be beneficial?
Please tell me everything you know about spore-based probiotics! For example, are they more likely to reach the colon? How much research has been done on their efficacy? Thank you!
What are your thoughts on recommending probiotics to help restore the gut microbiome for people recently diagnosed with a GI condition such as Celiac Disease, IBS or IBD?
What, if any, evidence is there that probiotics and gut health can aid in the symptoms of depression, anxiety and other mood disorders?
- Mendez-Salazar, E., Ortiz-López, M. G., Granados-Silvestre, M. D. L. Á., Palacios-Gonzalez, B., & Menjivar, M. (2018). Altered gut microbiota and compositional changes in Firmicutes and Proteobacteria in Mexican undernourished and obese children. Frontiers in microbiology, 9, 2494.
- Cani, P. D. (2018). Human gut microbiome: hopes, threats and promises. Gut, 67(9), 1716-1725.
- Valdes, A. M., Walter, J., Segal, E., & Spector, T. D. (2018). Role of the gut microbiota in nutrition and health. Bmj, 361, k2179.
- Ding, R. X., Goh, W. R., Wu, R. N., Yue, X. Q., Luo, X., Wei, T. K. W., ... & Lee, Y. K. (2019). Revisit gut microbiota and its impact on human health and disease. journal of food and drug analysis.
- Sender, R., Fuchs, S., & Milo, R. (2016). Revised estimates for the number of human and bacteria cells in the body. PLoS biology, 14(8), e1002533.
- Gilbert, J. A., Blaser, M. J., Caporaso, J. G., Jansson, J. K., Lynch, S. V., & Knight, R. (2018). Current understanding of the human microbiome. Nature medicine, 24(4), 392.
- Sonnenburg, J. L., & Bäckhed, F. (2016). Diet–microbiota interactions as moderators of human metabolism. Nature, 535(7610), 56.
- Sedighi, M., Razavi, S., Navab-Moghadam, F., Khamseh, M. E., Alaei-Shahmiri, F., Mehrtash, A., & Amirmozafari, N. (2017). Comparison of gut microbiota in adult patients with type 2 diabetes and healthy individuals. Microbial pathogenesis, 111, 362-369.