I want to hear your opinions about transitioning residents to bolus feeding. Is your facility encouraging you to do bolus feeding for most residents? If so, what type of bolus are you doing? (gravity, syringe, feeding pump (Kangaroo)). I currently work at a facility (vent and trach dependent) where the administration are encouraging us to transition to bolus feeding to give residents breaks and so they are not connected to the machine all day (which I agree). I know not everyone is appropriate for bolus feeding because some will not tolerate it. What are you doing in your facility? Advantages/disadvantages? Do you know any resources/studies I can refer to? I appreciate your help.

I want to hear your opinions about transitioning residents to bolus feeding. Is your facility encouraging you to do bolus feeding for most residents? If so, what type of bolus are you doing? (gravity, syringe, feeding pump (Kangaroo)). I currently work at a facility (vent and trach dependent) where the administration are encouraging us to transition to bolus feeding to give residents breaks and so they are not connected to the machine all day (which I agree). I know not everyone is appropriate for bolus feeding because some will not tolerate it. What are you doing in your facility? Advantages/disadvantages? Do you know any resources/studies I can refer to? I appreciate your help.
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft