My daughter was recently given a copy of a diet to follow and I have many questions about it. It is a type of elimination diet to alleviate symptoms. I would like to speak with someone who has used this in real life.

Marcia Lester, R.D., M.A.

My daughter was recently given a copy of a diet to follow and I have many questions about it. It is a type of elimination diet to alleviate symptoms. I would like to speak with someone who has used this in real life. Marcia Lester, R.D., M.A.

My daughter has interstitial cystitis as well. She eliminated coffee, soft drinks, and any foods that seem to irritate it. For example, wasabi really exacerbates her symptoms. We are plant based so I have no idea if animal foods, processed or cured meats, cheese etc. have an effect one way or another. She also plans ahead and makes sure she drinks plenty of water. Spicy foods do not bother her at all.
She ordered some herbal teas that fall in the "can't hurt, might help" category. She is 23, so I am not even sure which teas. It probably helped that she stopped drinking cranberry juice, which she had been doing before we had the correct diagnosis. This was enough to decrease her episodes. I believe she has only had one exacerbation the past year or so.

My daughter has interstitial cystitis as well. She eliminated coffee, soft drinks, and any foods that seem to irritate it. For example, wasabi really exacerbates her symptoms. We are plant based so I have no idea if animal foods, processed or cured meats, cheese etc. have an effect one way or another. She also plans ahead and makes sure she drinks plenty of water. Spicy foods do not bother her at all. She ordered some herbal teas that fall in the "can't hurt, might help" category. She is 23, so I am not even sure which teas. It probably helped that she stopped drinking cranberry juice, which she had been doing before we had the correct diagnosis. This was enough to decrease her episodes. I believe she has only had one exacerbation the past year or so.
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft