I work in a LTC/rehab facility, and have a resident who admitted NPO with continuous TF. She has been working with speech and has been upgraded back to a regular diet, and I have changed her to nocturnal feedings only. Although she has a regular diet now, she has very little interest in eating and eats less than 50% for most meals and refuses to drink any oral supplements. The resident and her daughter want her to return home, however without the PEG as they don't feel as though they can handle it. I suggested we switch to bolus feedings that can be initiated if intake is <50%, however they want her to be off TF completely to return home. She has also lost some weight, and I'm sure she will continue to lose if she had her PEG removed and relied only on her PO intake. Any suggestions?

I work in a LTC/rehab facility, and have a resident who admitted NPO with continuous TF. She has been working with speech and has been upgraded back to a regular diet, and I have changed her to nocturnal feedings only. Although she has a regular diet now, she has very little interest in eating and eats less than 50% for most meals and refuses to drink any oral supplements. The resident and her daughter want her to return home, however without the PEG as they don't feel as though they can handle it. I suggested we switch to bolus feedings that can be initiated if intake is <50%, however they want her to be off TF completely to return home. She has also lost some weight, and I'm sure she will continue to lose if she had her PEG removed and relied only on her PO intake. Any suggestions?

What percentage of her caloric needs are being met through her TF?

What percentage of her caloric needs are being met through her TF?
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft