Considering applying to a position as a dietitian a fresenius. Those currently working in dialysis clinics, esp fresenius-what are the pros and cons? Are you happy with your current spot? If you work at Fresenius, what are the benefits like? Paid time off for new employees, etc. Are you full time, do you have to cover multiple clinics?

Considering applying to a position as a dietitian a fresenius. Those currently working in dialysis clinics, esp fresenius-what are the pros and cons? Are you happy with your current spot? If you work at Fresenius, what are the benefits like? Paid time off for new employees, etc. Are you full time, do you have to cover multiple clinics?

Hi there,

I currently work as a renal dietitian and really enjoy it. I do work for a non for profit at the original/first dialysis company in the world. The dietitians I work with were some pioneers for renal MNT which has been amazing.

I am very happy in my current spot. I have been here for about a year now. Came from long term care before this. Have been working as a dietitian since April 2015.

Overall I would say this is a very unique area of dietetics to work in because it is so specialized. I cannot speak for those other companies but I have not heard the best things from the for-profit dialysis centers. But you would have to talk to a dietitian that works at that particular facility to gain more information.

I work with a team of 24 dietitians, our boss is also a dietitian which makes it a lot easier. Some of the dialysis units are structured individually so your boss many end up being the unit manage which is typically an RN. As we know RN's don't always understand our positions in the dialysis unit.

However, despite the variability between companies. I love building that long term relationship with my patients and helping to make an impact on their lives. I find great satisfaction in my job and plan to stay in this position as long as I am able.

P.S: Most the dietitians that work in renal with stay in renal nutrition for their entire careers because they enjoy it.

Hi there, I currently work as a renal dietitian and really enjoy it. I do work for a non for profit at the original/first dialysis company in the world. The dietitians I work with were some pioneers for renal MNT which has been amazing. I am very happy in my current spot. I have been here for about a year now. Came from long term care before this. Have been working as a dietitian since April 2015. Overall I would say this is a very unique area of dietetics to work in because it is so specialized. I cannot speak for those other companies but I have not heard the best things from the for-profit dialysis centers. But you would have to talk to a dietitian that works at that particular facility to gain more information. I work with a team of 24 dietitians, our boss is also a dietitian which makes it a lot easier. Some of the dialysis units are structured individually so your boss many end up being the unit manage which is typically an RN. As we know RN's don't always understand our positions in the dialysis unit. However, despite the variability between companies. I love building that long term relationship with my patients and helping to make an impact on their lives. I find great satisfaction in my job and plan to stay in this position as long as I am able. P.S: Most the dietitians that work in renal with stay in renal nutrition for their entire careers because they enjoy it.
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft