Im John and i have a friend that tried to commit suicide in 2015 by swallowing a bottle of either acetaminophen or ibuprofen (not sure which and I don't like to bring up the topic with him to determine what he used). He survived, and since then has had multiple problems with what he describes as acid reflux. He's been going crazy cutting everything out of his diet and blaming the problem solely on foods and things he was fed growing up and what he ate in college. I think he destroyed his digestive tract with the suicide attempt (not sure if he crushed the pills before ingesting or not).

Has anyone ever dealt with something like this before? His medical background is not available to me so I'm not even sure if it's truly acid reflux or not. What does everyone recommend? If it helps, he's not obese, just slightly overweight. Thank you in advance.

Im John and i have a friend that tried to commit suicide in 2015 by swallowing a bottle of either acetaminophen or ibuprofen (not sure which and I don't like to bring up the topic with him to determine what he used). He survived, and since then has had multiple problems with what he describes as acid reflux. He's been going crazy cutting everything out of his diet and blaming the problem solely on foods and things he was fed growing up and what he ate in college. I think he destroyed his digestive tract with the suicide attempt (not sure if he crushed the pills before ingesting or not). Has anyone ever dealt with something like this before? His medical background is not available to me so I'm not even sure if it's truly acid reflux or not. What does everyone recommend? If it helps, he's not obese, just slightly overweight. Thank you in advance.
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft