I just started working in an outpatient rehab center (accredited through medicaid and medicare) where the speech therapists teach the SOS approach to feeding which deals with food aversion. This involves preparing and serving food to the patients. I am looking for food safety guidance and what polices and procedures these therapist should be following regarding food safety. Right now they are not following any food safety rules, none are servsafe qualified and have no food safety training.

Some issues: tables where food is eating not being cleaned before or after service.

Therapists not washing hands before therapy and not wearing latex gloves during therapy sessions.

Among others.

I anyone has any resources I would be forever grateful. I have been looking for days and cannot find any clear guidance.

Thanks

I just started working in an outpatient rehab center (accredited through medicaid and medicare) where the speech therapists teach the SOS approach to feeding which deals with food aversion. This involves preparing and serving food to the patients. I am looking for food safety guidance and what polices and procedures these therapist should be following regarding food safety. Right now they are not following any food safety rules, none are servsafe qualified and have no food safety training. Some issues: tables where food is eating not being cleaned before or after service. Therapists not washing hands before therapy and not wearing latex gloves during therapy sessions. Among others. I anyone has any resources I would be forever grateful. I have been looking for days and cannot find any clear guidance. Thanks

I wanted to follow up with this. I reached out to fellow RD's and we all came to the conclusion that following individual states safe food handling laws was the best course of action.

I wanted to follow up with this. I reached out to fellow RD's and we all came to the conclusion that following individual states safe food handling laws was the best course of action.
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft