If a resident is in hospice, how do you code the mds for wt loss? I don't feel that it is an intended wt loss, but it may be unavoidable.

If a resident is in hospice, how do you code the mds for wt loss? I don't feel that it is an intended wt loss, but it may be unavoidable.

as long as they trigger for section k wt loss of 5%, 7.5% or 10% you have to code it. Then in the CAA section you can justify your answer or attach your assessment to support it.

as long as they trigger for section k wt loss of 5%, 7.5% or 10% you have to code it. Then in the CAA section you can justify your answer or attach your assessment to support it.

I would code as unintended weight loss. However, I would also make sure you have proper MD documentation, which you should with hospice, to check the prognosis section J 1440. Having this checked in section J will take that person out of your QMs related to weight loss.
Your documentation (progress note/assessment) should also support the selections in the MDS.

I would code as unintended weight loss. However, I would also make sure you have proper MD documentation, which you should with hospice, to check the prognosis section J 1440. Having this checked in section J will take that person out of your QMs related to weight loss. Your documentation (progress note/assessment) should also support the selections in the MDS.
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft