Hi all, I'm having a hard time finding a consistent definition of hemodynamic stability. I've seen several different criteria used: MAP >65 for >24 hours, normal BP with stable pressors, no pressors, etc. I end up delaying feeding for longer than I'd like because many of my patients don't reach "stability" until they've been in the ICU for several days. Specific parameters are appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Hi all, I'm having a hard time finding a consistent definition of hemodynamic stability. I've seen several different criteria used: MAP >65 for >24 hours, normal BP with stable pressors, no pressors, etc. I end up delaying feeding for longer than I'd like because many of my patients don't reach "stability" until they've been in the ICU for several days. Specific parameters are appreciated! Thanks in advance!

This is the definition from ASPEN from the new guidelines that were published last year:

Hemodynamic stability is defined as adequate perfusion pressure, stable doses of vasoactive drugs, stabilized or decreasing levels of lactate and metabolic acidosis, and mean arterial pressure >=60 mm Hg

Source:
Guidelines for the Provision and Assessment of Nutrition Support Therapy in the Adult Critically Ill Patient; Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM) and A.S.P.E.N.; Journal of Parental and Enteral Nutrition, Feb 2016

I Know it's not super specific, but hopefully it will help!

This is the definition from ASPEN from the new guidelines that were published last year: Hemodynamic stability is defined as adequate perfusion pressure, stable doses of vasoactive drugs, stabilized or decreasing levels of lactate and metabolic acidosis, and mean arterial pressure >=60 mm Hg Source: _Guidelines for the Provision and Assessment of Nutrition Support Therapy in the Adult Critically Ill Patient; Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM) and A.S.P.E.N.;_ Journal of Parental and Enteral Nutrition, Feb 2016 I Know it's not super specific, but hopefully it will help!
edited Jul 6 at 8:12 pm
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft