Hi all, currently "over" my hospital based outpatient job and I'm trying to break into consulting in local MD offices and billing "incident to care".

I have some colleagues doing this in a small town about 2 hours from where I am, but no one in my town has done this, so getting it started has been more of a challenge than I anticipated.

Does anyone have experience billing for services "incident to care"?

I'm finding that making clinic contracts has been the barrier to getting started as the MDs are excited but the office managers and billing department can't seem to wrap their heads around it.

Tips/thoughts?

Hi all, currently "over" my hospital based outpatient job and I'm trying to break into consulting in local MD offices and billing "incident to care". I have some colleagues doing this in a small town about 2 hours from where I am, but no one in my town has done this, so getting it started has been more of a challenge than I anticipated. Does anyone have experience billing for services "incident to care"? I'm finding that making clinic contracts has been the barrier to getting started as the MDs are excited but the office managers and billing department can't seem to wrap their heads around it. Tips/thoughts?

Instead of billing as 'incident to care' under the physician, would it work to become a credentialed provider with insurance companies, and rent a room in their office to see clients that they refer to you. Then you could do the billing and their office staff wouldn't have to worry about that part.
I am in a similar situation that I am trying to figure out the nuts & bolts of making it work!

Instead of billing as 'incident to care' under the physician, would it work to become a credentialed provider with insurance companies, and rent a room in their office to see clients that they refer to you. Then you could do the billing and their office staff wouldn't have to worry about that part. I am in a similar situation that I am trying to figure out the nuts & bolts of making it work!
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft