Do any of you guys have a brand list of protein supplements patients can buy OTC? I know whey protein powder is readily available, but what about liquids? Reason I'm asking is I rec'd high protein/high kcal diet for an underweight COPD'er with recent severe weight loss. I mentioned can use whey protein powder but suggested she try a liquid supplement instead because more palatable/easier to incorporate into diet, but the only one I know of OTC is Pro-Stat (which is the one I rec'd. Just wondering if there are any other good liquid protein supplements available that I can recommend when the need arises. Thanks!

Do any of you guys have a brand list of protein supplements patients can buy OTC? I know whey protein powder is readily available, but what about liquids? Reason I'm asking is I rec'd high protein/high kcal diet for an underweight COPD'er with recent severe weight loss. I mentioned can use whey protein powder but suggested she try a liquid supplement instead because more palatable/easier to incorporate into diet, but the only one I know of OTC is Pro-Stat (which is the one I rec'd. Just wondering if there are any other good liquid protein supplements available that I can recommend when the need arises. Thanks!
Posted by GRD:
Hi GRD, For straight protein, Liquacel is a favorite among my dialysis patients. Well, as much a favorite as any liquid protein could ever be! I tell them to take it like a shot, or a cough medicine, rather than mix it into something and drag it out. There is also Proteinex, which tastes a little better than Prostat, but I think Liquacel tops them all. If you call Global Health they will send you Liquacel samples. It's OTC, but is cheapest through mail order. I've found pharmacies will order it upon patient request, but then mark it up.
Posted by GRD:<BR>Do any of you guys have a brand list of protein supplements patients can buy OTC? I know whey protein powder is readily available, but what about liquids? Reason I'm asking is I rec'd high protein/high kcal diet for an underweight COPD'er with recent severe weight loss. I mentioned can use whey protein powder but suggested she try a liquid supplement instead because more palatable/easier to incorporate into diet, but the only one I know of OTC is Pro-Stat (which is the one I rec'd. Just wondering if there are any other good liquid protein supplements available that I can recommend when the need arises. Thanks! Hi GRD, For straight protein, Liquacel is a favorite among my dialysis patients. Well, as much a favorite as any liquid protein could ever be! I tell them to take it like a shot, or a cough medicine, rather than mix it into something and drag it out. There is also Proteinex, which tastes a little better than Prostat, but I think Liquacel tops them all. If you call Global Health they will send you Liquacel samples. It's OTC, but is cheapest through mail order. I've found pharmacies will order it upon patient request, but then mark it up.
This is a late suggestion, but you may find it helpful in the future. I often suggest for my patients to get Now pure whey protein isolate and put it all of their foods. It is just the protein isolate and a soy lecithin for preservation. It is great because it is unflavored and can be cooked with without being broken down by the heat. So I always suggest using it with peanut butter in oatmeal. And adding two scoop fulls to a batch of muffin mix (will add ~5-7 gm of protein per muffin) and etc etc. to add not only calories but 25 gm of protein per scoop.
Posted by GRD:
This is a late suggestion, but you may find it helpful in the future. I often suggest for my patients to get Now pure whey protein isolate and put it all of their foods. It is just the protein isolate and a soy lecithin for preservation. It is great because it is unflavored and can be cooked with without being broken down by the heat. So I always suggest using it with peanut butter in oatmeal. And adding two scoop fulls to a batch of muffin mix (will add ~5-7 gm of protein per muffin) and etc etc. to add not only calories but 25 gm of protein per scoop. Posted by GRD:<BR>Do any of you guys have a brand list of protein supplements patients can buy OTC? I know whey protein powder is readily available, but what about liquids? Reason I'm asking is I rec'd high protein/high kcal diet for an underweight COPD'er with recent severe weight loss. I mentioned can use whey protein powder but suggested she try a liquid supplement instead because more palatable/easier to incorporate into diet, but the only one I know of OTC is Pro-Stat (which is the one I rec'd. Just wondering if there are any other good liquid protein supplements available that I can recommend when the need arises. Thanks!

hello, All vitamins , supplements and protein are a organic factor and good for health. you have to use any product for supplements is too good more benifit for health . I have to use fish oil and magnesium.

hello, All vitamins , supplements and protein are a organic factor and good for health. you have to use any product for supplements is too good more benifit for health . I have to use fish oil and magnesium.
Posted by hokiegirl:
Posted by GRD:
Hi GRD, For straight protein, Liquacel is a favorite among my dialysis patients. Well, as much a favorite as any liquid protein could ever be! I tell them to take it like a shot, or a cough medicine, rather than mix it into something and drag it out. There is also Proteinex, which tastes a little better than Prostat, but I think Liquacel tops them all. If you call Global Health they will send you Liquacel samples. It's OTC, but is cheapest through mail order. I've found pharmacies will order it upon patient request, but then mark it up.
Liquid is one of the best for the supplement of proteins to the patients and infact its very good for the health. Other than this they must consider the fruits which contains some proteins.

------------ cellulite

[Edited by staceynoe on 06/24/14 12:01 AM]

Posted by hokiegirl:<BR>Posted by GRD:<BR>Do any of you guys have a brand list of protein supplements patients can buy OTC? I know whey protein powder is readily available, but what about liquids? Reason I'm asking is I rec'd high protein/high kcal diet for an underweight COPD'er with recent severe weight loss. I mentioned can use whey protein powder but suggested she try a liquid supplement instead because more palatable/easier to incorporate into diet, but the only one I know of OTC is Pro-Stat (which is the one I rec'd. Just wondering if there are any other good liquid protein supplements available that I can recommend when the need arises. Thanks! Hi GRD, For straight protein, Liquacel is a favorite among my dialysis patients. Well, as much a favorite as any liquid protein could ever be! I tell them to take it like a shot, or a cough medicine, rather than mix it into something and drag it out. There is also Proteinex, which tastes a little better than Prostat, but I think Liquacel tops them all. If you call Global Health they will send you Liquacel samples. It's OTC, but is cheapest through mail order. I've found pharmacies will order it upon patient request, but then mark it up. Liquid is one of the best for the supplement of proteins to the patients and infact its very good for the health. Other than this they must consider the fruits which contains some proteins.<P> ------------ <a href="http://www.cellublue.com/">cellulite</a><P>[Edited by staceynoe on 06/24/14 12:01 AM]<P>
Liquid is one of the best for the supplement of proteins to the patients and infact its very good for the health. Other than this they must consider the fruits which contains some proteins.

[Edited by staceynoe on 06/03/14 12:46 AM]

????

Liquid is one of the best for the supplement of proteins to the patients and infact its very good for the health. Other than this they must consider the fruits which contains some proteins.<P>[Edited by staceynoe on 06/03/14 12:46 AM]<P> ????
Posted by hokiegirl:

[Edited by staceynoe on 06/03/14 12:46 AM]

???? Doesn't make sense....
Posted by hokiegirl:<BR>Liquid is one of the best for the supplement of proteins to the patients and infact its very good for the health. Other than this they must consider the fruits which contains some proteins.<P>[Edited by staceynoe on 06/03/14 12:46 AM]<P> ???? Doesn't make sense....

Best supplements , I purchase many items form this store and every time I enjoy with many discount offers.

Thank you.

Best [supplements](https://www.curlindia.com/ "supplements") , I purchase many items form this store and every time I enjoy with many discount offers. Thank you.

They Offers always best brands, I like very much.
Thanks

They Offers always best brands, I like very much. Thanks

We use Liquacel in my facility, as well as for my husband's grandpa, they sell it on Amazon.

We use Liquacel in my facility, as well as for my husband's grandpa, they sell it on Amazon.
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft