I am a contracted dietitian for an out patient rehab facility. They pay me an hourly rate to assess patients, provide education consults when needed, teach classes, individualize menus, etc. All very typical RD duties. However, as far as I know, they do NOT bill for any of the consults or classes. They simply absorb the cost of the dietitian and treat it as a "value add" service to their patients. When I was hired 4 years ago, I did not have an NPI or anything. Since then, I do have one and am a credentialed provider for a few insurance companies. I have asked many times if they want to bill ins for my services, but they don't want to. They have no interest. My question is this: If the facility is not billing for services (MNT), why can't I bill for the services individually? It seems like I should be able to.

I am a contracted dietitian for an out patient rehab facility. They pay me an hourly rate to assess patients, provide education consults when needed, teach classes, individualize menus, etc. All very typical RD duties. However, as far as I know, they do NOT bill for any of the consults or classes. They simply absorb the cost of the dietitian and treat it as a "value add" service to their patients. When I was hired 4 years ago, I did not have an NPI or anything. Since then, I do have one and am a credentialed provider for a few insurance companies. I have asked many times if they want to bill ins for my services, but they don't want to. They have no interest. My question is this: If the facility is not billing for services (MNT), why can't I bill for the services individually? It seems like I should be able to.

I know this is an old message, but did you ever make any changes in regards to billing insurance? I am trying to figure out a similar situation.

I know this is an old message, but did you ever make any changes in regards to billing insurance? I am trying to figure out a similar situation.
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft