I just took the RD Exam, this afternoon. I did not pass the exam. I am extremely frustrated by the process. I used the Jean Inman materials for a study guide which I felt were helpful for about 15 - 20 of the questions. My exam shut off at exactly 125 questions. Read on some blogs that meant people passed. Obviously not for me. I am considering the rdstudy.com for one month's access. Just did not feel prepared for it and the questions on the exam. I felt pretty confident in the material from the study guide. Through my internship fee I also had access to the Academy's StEP review which was not helpful at all. Really frustrating. I wish these resources could be more geared towards how the exam is, not just memorizing facts, as has been pointed out by so many people. Just feel frustrated and dissapointed with myself. Gonna get up and try again but damn. I actually felt like I was doing ok during the exam, but I guess I wasn't do as well as I thought. What would people on here recommend: Visual Veggies vs. RDstudy? I need something computer based for feedback. I work better with computer based software. Thanks everyone.

[Edited by dieteticintern on 10/03/15 03:39 PM]

I just took the RD Exam, this afternoon. I did not pass the exam. I am extremely frustrated by the process. I used the Jean Inman materials for a study guide which I felt were helpful for about 15 - 20 of the questions. My exam shut off at exactly 125 questions. Read on some blogs that meant people passed. Obviously not for me. I am considering the rdstudy.com for one month's access. Just did not feel prepared for it and the questions on the exam. I felt pretty confident in the material from the study guide. Through my internship fee I also had access to the Academy's StEP review which was not helpful at all. Really frustrating. I wish these resources could be more geared towards how the exam is, not just memorizing facts, as has been pointed out by so many people. Just feel frustrated and dissapointed with myself. Gonna get up and try again but damn. I actually felt like I was doing ok during the exam, but I guess I wasn't do as well as I thought. What would people on here recommend: Visual Veggies vs. RDstudy? I need something computer based for feedback. I work better with computer based software. Thanks everyone. <P>[Edited by dieteticintern on 10/03/15 03:39 PM]<P>
Posted by dieteticintern:
I just took the RD Exam, this afternoon. I did not pass the exam. I am extremely frustrated by the process. I used the Jean Inman materials for a study guide which I felt were helpful for about 15 - 20 of the questions. My exam shut off at exactly 125 questions. Read on some blogs that meant people passed. Obviously not for me. I am considering the rdstudy.com for one month's access. Just did not feel prepared for it and the questions on the exam. I felt pretty confident in the material from the study guide. Through my internship fee I also had access to the Academy's StEP review which was not helpful at all. Really frustrating. I wish these resources could be more geared towards how the exam is, not just memorizing facts, as has been pointed out by so many people. Just feel frustrated and dissapointed with myself. Gonna get up and try again but damn. I actually felt like I was doing ok during the exam, but I guess I wasn't do as well as I thought. What would people on here recommend: Visual Veggies vs. RDstudy? I need something computer based for feedback. I work better with computer based software. Thanks everyone.

I'm sorry you didn't pass it. Don't stress too much though, no employer is ever going to ask you that. ;) I dont know about the resources you listed. I used dietitianexam.com That is all I used. I felt it was comprehensive and had a lot of quizzes/practice. Best of luck to you!
Posted by dieteticintern:<BR>I just took the RD Exam, this afternoon. I did not pass the exam. I am extremely frustrated by the process. I used the Jean Inman materials for a study guide which I felt were helpful for about 15 - 20 of the questions. My exam shut off at exactly 125 questions. Read on some blogs that meant people passed. Obviously not for me. I am considering the rdstudy.com for one month's access. Just did not feel prepared for it and the questions on the exam. I felt pretty confident in the material from the study guide. Through my internship fee I also had access to the Academy's StEP review which was not helpful at all. Really frustrating. I wish these resources could be more geared towards how the exam is, not just memorizing facts, as has been pointed out by so many people. Just feel frustrated and dissapointed with myself. Gonna get up and try again but damn. I actually felt like I was doing ok during the exam, but I guess I wasn't do as well as I thought. What would people on here recommend: Visual Veggies vs. RDstudy? I need something computer based for feedback. I work better with computer based software. Thanks everyone. <P>[Edited by dieteticintern on 10/03/15 03:39 PM]<P> I'm sorry you didn't pass it. Don't stress too much though, no employer is ever going to ask you that. ;) I dont know about the resources you listed. I used dietitianexam.com That is all I used. I felt it was comprehensive and had a lot of quizzes/practice. Best of luck to you!

Sorry you didn't pass! I am in the same boat! I have tried several different study guides as well and always have the same score. I thought about purchasing flash cards this time and seeing if that would help.

Sorry you didn't pass! I am in the same boat! I have tried several different study guides as well and always have the same score. I thought about purchasing flash cards this time and seeing if that would help.

Thank you both for replying and offering support and suggestions. I appreciate your help.

Thank you both for replying and offering support and suggestions. I appreciate your help.

Hey, I just took the exam yesterday and didn't pass. I did the exact same thing. I studied Inman like crazy. Answered all of the questions, listened to all of the tapes. My test cut of at 125 so I thought as well that I had passed. I'm going to try RDstudy.com. Does anyone else have any recommendations? We will get through this.

Hey, I just took the exam yesterday and didn't pass. I did the exact same thing. I studied Inman like crazy. Answered all of the questions, listened to all of the tapes. My test cut of at 125 so I thought as well that I had passed. I'm going to try RDstudy.com. Does anyone else have any recommendations? We will get through this.

I took the exam on 15th and didnt pass. I used INman and VV. I read few blogs that mentioned if you answer 125 questions you pass, but that wasnt the case with me. Any suggestions for study materials? Is Inman audio helpful?

I took the exam on 15th and didnt pass. I used INman and VV. I read few blogs that mentioned if you answer 125 questions you pass, but that wasnt the case with me. Any suggestions for study materials? Is Inman audio helpful?
Posted by isha09:
As of today I will be purchasing Dietitianexam. I've heard the questions are very helpful. I studied my brains out with Inman and didn't pass.
Posted by isha09:<BR>I took the exam on 15th and didnt pass. I used INman and VV. I read few blogs that mentioned if you answer 125 questions you pass, but that wasnt the case with me. Any suggestions for study materials? Is Inman audio helpful? As of today I will be purchasing Dietitianexam. I've heard the questions are very helpful. I studied my brains out with Inman and didn't pass.

Hello: I'm sorry you did not pass your text. Where you extremely nervous or anxious?? I have heard of cases that people is so nervous that they forget a lot of information. Also during my internship we used to discussed flashcard daily, Inman came to our facility to discuss the review. In addition I used Hess and Hunts review only for reference because it has more information. Our program director made us buy the AND study guide too. At the moment we were very tired and annoyed but must of us passed the test in the first try. If there is something I can help you with, you can email me. Good Luck!
Posted by dieteticintern:<BR>I just took the RD Exam, this afternoon. I did not pass the exam. I am extremely frustrated by the process. I used the Jean Inman materials for a study guide which I felt were helpful for about 15 - 20 of the questions. My exam shut off at exactly 125 questions. Read on some blogs that meant people passed. Obviously not for me. I am considering the rdstudy.com for one month's access. Just did not feel prepared for it and the questions on the exam. I felt pretty confident in the material from the study guide. Through my internship fee I also had access to the Academy's StEP review which was not helpful at all. Really frustrating. I wish these resources could be more geared towards how the exam is, not just memorizing facts, as has been pointed out by so many people. Just feel frustrated and dissapointed with myself. Gonna get up and try again but damn. I actually felt like I was doing ok during the exam, but I guess I wasn't do as well as I thought. What would people on here recommend: Visual Veggies vs. RDstudy? I need something computer based for feedback. I work better with computer based software. Thanks everyone. <P>[Edited by dieteticintern on 10/03/15 03:39 PM]<P> Hello: I'm sorry you did not pass your text. Where you extremely nervous or anxious?? I have heard of cases that people is so nervous that they forget a lot of information. Also during my internship we used to discussed flashcard daily, Inman came to our facility to discuss the review. In addition I used Hess and Hunts review only for reference because it has more information. Our program director made us buy the AND study guide too. At the moment we were very tired and annoyed but must of us passed the test in the first try. If there is something I can help you with, you can email me. Good Luck!

I wanted to share an update. I apologize for not replying to others messages. I passed my exam today. Still feels so surreal. I can't believe I passed it. I am not sure what helped me pass this exam. I wish everyone the best. I used rstudy.com and Visual Veggies. I felt these both were very effective with reviewing equations. I wish everyone the best, especially those who have to retake it. I don't want to get all preachy but if you really want to do this and go for it, don't give up. That is what I have learned about falling down. If you get knocked down don't give up and get right back up. That is what makes the difference in people who give into failure and give up or those who persevere. Okay enough of the pep talk. Best of luck again to all people taking this exam.

I wanted to share an update. I apologize for not replying to others messages. I passed my exam today. Still feels so surreal. I can't believe I passed it. I am not sure what helped me pass this exam. I wish everyone the best. I used rstudy.com and Visual Veggies. I felt these both were very effective with reviewing equations. I wish everyone the best, especially those who have to retake it. I don't want to get all preachy but if you really want to do this and go for it, don't give up. That is what I have learned about falling down. If you get knocked down don't give up and get right back up. That is what makes the difference in people who give into failure and give up or those who persevere. Okay enough of the pep talk. Best of luck again to all people taking this exam.

I agree with the above DONT GIVE UP! I was in the same boat like all of u, but I never gave up! T will start by some mistakes I did, After my first 1st attempt in which I used Inmans study guide, I started purchasing materials and software like rdstudy, hess and hunt, breeding and associates what not! None of this helped every time because I was getting more confused. The more materials u buy, the more detail u go and get confused. By my second last and last attempt I promised myself not to look into any other materials other than Inmans. Make sure when u r reading Inmans, dont miss any word/sentence/page. Know whats going on thats the key word! Find a study partner which I did through these forums. We used to do skype and read Inmans each and every page! After Inmans, Visual veggies is worth the price! Because of using visual veggies I was comfortable to approach any Math questions. Last key thing, during the exam u have to calm down, do some mediation, dont just start thinking about passing the exam, u have to relax ur brain. Its all about mind and brain relaxation! Dont get into comments that if u get 125 ques or 145 questions u will pass or fail cuz this is not at all true. I had times where I even failed after getting 145 questions. Another important thing is dont tell ur family members and friends that u r trying to pass exam cuz they distract u and start saying negative comments like oh u still havent passed the exam etc etc. No one should know what u r doing except ur close ones! Even if ur friends or family members ask u what u r doing, just make up something. Once u pass the exam then let everyone know. I was cut off for a few months from my family members and friends, cuz to me they were interfering in my life and distracting me.

I agree with the above DONT GIVE UP! I was in the same boat like all of u, but I never gave up! T will start by some mistakes I did, After my first 1st attempt in which I used Inmans study guide, I started purchasing materials and software like rdstudy, hess and hunt, breeding and associates what not! None of this helped every time because I was getting more confused. The more materials u buy, the more detail u go and get confused. By my second last and last attempt I promised myself not to look into any other materials other than Inmans. Make sure when u r reading Inmans, dont miss any word/sentence/page. Know whats going on thats the key word! Find a study partner which I did through these forums. We used to do skype and read Inmans each and every page! After Inmans, Visual veggies is worth the price! Because of using visual veggies I was comfortable to approach any Math questions. Last key thing, during the exam u have to calm down, do some mediation, dont just start thinking about passing the exam, u have to relax ur brain. Its all about mind and brain relaxation! Dont get into comments that if u get 125 ques or 145 questions u will pass or fail cuz this is not at all true. I had times where I even failed after getting 145 questions. Another important thing is dont tell ur family members and friends that u r trying to pass exam cuz they distract u and start saying negative comments like oh u still havent passed the exam etc etc. No one should know what u r doing except ur close ones! Even if ur friends or family members ask u what u r doing, just make up something. Once u pass the exam then let everyone know. I was cut off for a few months from my family members and friends, cuz to me they were interfering in my life and distracting me.

Sorry that this is a late post, but I wanted to clarify some things that I saw that might be helpful. First, do not give up. You can pass this test. In regards to 125 or 145 questions - at the 125 question mark, the computer analyzes how you scored. Depending what your score is at that point, you can pass, or you can fail. The test will stop and tell you the outcome. If the test continues to question 145, that means that at question 125 you were on the borderline - you had not yet failed at that point, nor did you do well enough to pass. That is why it continues. Every question after 125 counts so it is important to make sure that you have some time "saved" just in case this happens. As far as study material, there is a lot out there. My favorite was rdstudy.com. Good luck to everyone and stay positive!

Sorry that this is a late post, but I wanted to clarify some things that I saw that might be helpful. First, do not give up. You can pass this test. In regards to 125 or 145 questions - at the 125 question mark, the computer analyzes how you scored. Depending what your score is at that point, you can pass, or you can fail. The test will stop and tell you the outcome. If the test continues to question 145, that means that at question 125 you were on the borderline - you had not yet failed at that point, nor did you do well enough to pass. That is why it continues. Every question after 125 counts so it is important to make sure that you have some time "saved" just in case this happens. As far as study material, there is a lot out there. My favorite was rdstudy.com. Good luck to everyone and stay positive!

How do I pass the exam? I just took it again today for the third time using every method there is in this world of dietetic. i am so frustrated!!!!

How do I pass the exam? I just took it again today for the third time using every method there is in this world of dietetic. i am so frustrated!!!!
Posted by leana07:
Do not buy any more materials! You will pass- I promise you. Try switching up your study strategy. I don't know what study guides you're using, but zero in on one and follow this outline I created for domain 1: TOPIC A - 1. Food science a. Physical and chemical properties of food (1) Meats, fish, poultry, meat alternatives (2) Eggs (3) Milk and dairy products (4) Flour and cereals (5) Vegetables and fruits (6) Fats and oils (7) Functional foods (8)Sauces (9) Candies (10) Frozen Desserts (11) Cakes, Cookies, Pastries (12) Quick Breads (13) Gelatin TOPIC B - CHO, PRO, FAT (Gastrointestinal Journey of the macronutrients). For each nutrient cover in this order: ----------------> Chemistry, Function ----------------> Ingestion ----------------> Digestion ----------------> Absorption ----------------> Metabolism (Krebs Cycle) of each one. ----------------> Excretion TOPIC C - Principles of Normal Nutrition Lifecycle & Energy/Nutrient Needs ----------------> Infancy ----------------> Childhood ----------------> Adolescence ----------------> Teenager ----------------> Young Adult ----------------> Pregnancy, Lactation ----------------> Older Adult/Elderly ----------------> Athletes This is a special order that I created so you can build a strong foundation of the basics. My point is, if you study this order, then proceed to study domain 2 (clinical), then finish off the rest of the study guide (domain 3 & 4), you should feel like it's getting easier and you're feeling more confident and stronger as you're progressing through the study guide. These are topics that are sometimes covered in domain 1 in study guides that I think you should reserve to only study in domain 2, when you do anything clinical related: I left out: 1. Herbals, botanical, and supplements 2. Principles of normal human anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry 3. Renal, Pulmonary, Cardiovascular, Neurological, Musculoskeletal - basically, Anatomy and Physiology. Another super key point - test yourself after every category. Find 20 questions (if you can) on that specific category and answer them immediately after you've covered it. If you're having trouble gathering 20 questions on that specific topic, then 10 questions is fine. You probably think I am absolutely nuts - but I'm not trying to be. I really believe you can pass (no matter how many times you've failed) if you commit to one strategy and ride it out until the end. I did some research in memory and neuroscience and I mixed those findings into this guideline. If you test yourself after each category, like I suggested here, then your memory will get stronger. Also, with the order I just gave you, you'll be spacing certain topics out and bundling other topics together. So, it should transition better. You should feel like there's a flow there. That you're understanding the information better and you're remembering it. And, also - when you get to domain 2 - be sure to at least do 20-30 multiple choice questions from domain 1 to keep your memory fresh. Some of the students I've worked with forget some things from the earlier domains. I hope this wasn't TMI, but you are more than welcome to ask me any questions. You'll pass. :) This exam isn't hard. It's all strategy and technique. In fact, the exam is not a representation of your intelligence. So, just remember how smart you really are! Best wishes, Priyanka, RDN, LDN
Posted by leana07:<BR>How do I pass the exam? I just took it again today for the third time using every method there is in this world of dietetic. i am so frustrated!!!! Do not buy any more materials! You will pass- I promise you. Try switching up your study strategy. I don't know what study guides you're using, but zero in on one and follow this outline I created for domain 1: TOPIC A - 1. Food science a. Physical and chemical properties of food (1) Meats, fish, poultry, meat alternatives (2) Eggs (3) Milk and dairy products (4) Flour and cereals (5) Vegetables and fruits (6) Fats and oils (7) Functional foods (8)Sauces (9) Candies (10) Frozen Desserts (11) Cakes, Cookies, Pastries (12) Quick Breads (13) Gelatin TOPIC B - CHO, PRO, FAT (Gastrointestinal Journey of the macronutrients). For each nutrient cover in this order: ----------------> Chemistry, Function ----------------> Ingestion ----------------> Digestion ----------------> Absorption ----------------> Metabolism (Krebs Cycle) of each one. ----------------> Excretion TOPIC C - Principles of Normal Nutrition Lifecycle & Energy/Nutrient Needs ----------------> Infancy ----------------> Childhood ----------------> Adolescence ----------------> Teenager ----------------> Young Adult ----------------> Pregnancy, Lactation ----------------> Older Adult/Elderly ----------------> Athletes This is a special order that I created so you can build a strong foundation of the basics. My point is, if you study this order, then proceed to study domain 2 (clinical), then finish off the rest of the study guide (domain 3 & 4), you should feel like it's getting easier and you're feeling more confident and stronger as you're progressing through the study guide. These are topics that are sometimes covered in domain 1 in study guides that I think you should reserve to only study in domain 2, when you do anything clinical related: I left out: 1. Herbals, botanical, and supplements 2. Principles of normal human anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry 3. Renal, Pulmonary, Cardiovascular, Neurological, Musculoskeletal - basically, Anatomy and Physiology. Another super key point - test yourself after every category. Find 20 questions (if you can) on that specific category and answer them immediately after you've covered it. If you're having trouble gathering 20 questions on that specific topic, then 10 questions is fine. You probably think I am absolutely nuts - but I'm not trying to be. I really believe you can pass (no matter how many times you've failed) if you commit to one strategy and ride it out until the end. I did some research in memory and neuroscience and I mixed those findings into this guideline. If you test yourself after each category, like I suggested here, then your memory will get stronger. Also, with the order I just gave you, you'll be spacing certain topics out and bundling other topics together. So, it should transition better. You should feel like there's a flow there. That you're understanding the information better and you're remembering it. And, also - when you get to domain 2 - be sure to at least do 20-30 multiple choice questions from domain 1 to keep your memory fresh. Some of the students I've worked with forget some things from the earlier domains. I hope this wasn't TMI, but you are more than welcome to ask me any questions. You'll pass. :) This exam isn't hard. It's all strategy and technique. In fact, the exam is not a representation of your intelligence. So, just remember how smart you really are! Best wishes, Priyanka, RDN, LDN
I just took the RD Exam, this afternoon. I did not pass the exam. I am extremely frustrated by the process. I used the Jean Inman materials for a study guide which I felt were helpful for about 15 - 20 of the questions. My exam shut off at exactly 125 questions. Read on some blogs that meant people passed. Obviously not for me. I am considering the rdstudy.com for one month's access. Just did not feel prepared for it and the questions on the exam. I felt pretty confident in the material from the study guide. Through my internship fee I also had access to the Academy's StEP review which was not helpful at all. Really frustrating. I wish these resources could be more geared towards how the exam is, not just memorizing facts, as has been pointed out by so many people. Just feel frustrated and dissapointed with myself. Gonna get up and try again but damn. I actually felt like I was doing ok during the exam, but I guess I wasn't do as well as I thought. Heyy I feel your frustration, I've taken it twice already and I cant help but to feel defeated.My exam shut down at exactly 125 questions. I am in your exact situation, I studied the Inman review back and forth, I bought VV and have used multiple apps. If you are interested in forming some sort of study group let me know. I am definitely down to try anything to pass this exam.
Posted by dieteticintern:<BR>I just took the RD Exam, this afternoon. I did not pass the exam. I am extremely frustrated by the process. I used the Jean Inman materials for a study guide which I felt were helpful for about 15 - 20 of the questions. My exam shut off at exactly 125 questions. Read on some blogs that meant people passed. Obviously not for me. I am considering the rdstudy.com for one month's access. Just did not feel prepared for it and the questions on the exam. I felt pretty confident in the material from the study guide. Through my internship fee I also had access to the Academy's StEP review which was not helpful at all. Really frustrating. I wish these resources could be more geared towards how the exam is, not just memorizing facts, as has been pointed out by so many people. Just feel frustrated and dissapointed with myself. Gonna get up and try again but damn. I actually felt like I was doing ok during the exam, but I guess I wasn't do as well as I thought. Heyy I feel your frustration, I've taken it twice already and I cant help but to feel defeated.My exam shut down at exactly 125 questions. I am in your exact situation, I studied the Inman review back and forth, I bought VV and have used multiple apps. If you are interested in forming some sort of study group let me know. I am definitely down to try anything to pass this exam.
Posted by Evienutrition:
I just took the RD Exam, this afternoon. I did not pass the exam. I am extremely frustrated by the process. I used the Jean Inman materials for a study guide which I felt were helpful for about 15 - 20 of the questions. My exam shut off at exactly 125 questions. Read on some blogs that meant people passed. Obviously not for me. I am considering the rdstudy.com for one month's access. Just did not feel prepared for it and the questions on the exam. I felt pretty confident in the material from the study guide. Through my internship fee I also had access to the Academy's StEP review which was not helpful at all. Really frustrating. I wish these resources could be more geared towards how the exam is, not just memorizing facts, as has been pointed out by so many people. Just feel frustrated and dissapointed with myself. Gonna get up and try again but damn. I actually felt like I was doing ok during the exam, but I guess I wasn't do as well as I thought. Heyy I feel your frustration, I've taken it twice already and I cant help but to feel defeated.My exam shut down at exactly 125 questions. I am in your exact situation, I studied the Inman review back and forth, I bought VV and have used multiple apps. If you are interested in forming some sort of study group let me know. I am definitely down to try anything to pass this exam.
Hey Evie, So sorry to hear that! Yeah, usually if you hit 125 questions, you pass. It's weird that that didn't happen for you. What was your routine? And, how did you study with Inman's and VV every day? It could be just that you need to switch up your strategy. I once failed it myself, changed my approach, and now I help people pass it. If you share your routine, I can give you three methods to use, using what you already have, to pass this next time. Stay positive. It's just an exam. ;) --Priyanka, RDN
Posted by Evienutrition:<BR>Posted by dieteticintern:<BR>I just took the RD Exam, this afternoon. I did not pass the exam. I am extremely frustrated by the process. I used the Jean Inman materials for a study guide which I felt were helpful for about 15 - 20 of the questions. My exam shut off at exactly 125 questions. Read on some blogs that meant people passed. Obviously not for me. I am considering the rdstudy.com for one month's access. Just did not feel prepared for it and the questions on the exam. I felt pretty confident in the material from the study guide. Through my internship fee I also had access to the Academy's StEP review which was not helpful at all. Really frustrating. I wish these resources could be more geared towards how the exam is, not just memorizing facts, as has been pointed out by so many people. Just feel frustrated and dissapointed with myself. Gonna get up and try again but damn. I actually felt like I was doing ok during the exam, but I guess I wasn't do as well as I thought. Heyy I feel your frustration, I've taken it twice already and I cant help but to feel defeated.My exam shut down at exactly 125 questions. I am in your exact situation, I studied the Inman review back and forth, I bought VV and have used multiple apps. If you are interested in forming some sort of study group let me know. I am definitely down to try anything to pass this exam. Hey Evie, So sorry to hear that! Yeah, usually if you hit 125 questions, you pass. It's weird that that didn't happen for you. What was your routine? And, how did you study with Inman's and VV every day? It could be just that you need to switch up your strategy. I once failed it myself, changed my approach, and now I help people pass it. If you share your routine, I can give you three methods to use, using what you already have, to pass this next time. Stay positive. It's just an exam. ;) --Priyanka, RDN
Posted by Renovatio2016:
Posted by leana07:
Do not buy any more materials! You will pass- I promise you. Try switching up your study strategy. I don't know what study guides you're using, but zero in on one and follow this outline I created for domain 1: TOPIC A - 1. Food science a. Physical and chemical properties of food (1) Meats, fish, poultry, meat alternatives (2) Eggs (3) Milk and dairy products (4) Flour and cereals (5) Vegetables and fruits (6) Fats and oils (7) Functional foods (8)Sauces (9) Candies (10) Frozen Desserts (11) Cakes, Cookies, Pastries (12) Quick Breads (13) Gelatin TOPIC B - CHO, PRO, FAT (Gastrointestinal Journey of the macronutrients). For each nutrient cover in this order: ----------------> Chemistry, Function ----------------> Ingestion ----------------> Digestion ----------------> Absorption ----------------> Metabolism (Krebs Cycle) of each one. ----------------> Excretion TOPIC C - Principles of Normal Nutrition Lifecycle & Energy/Nutrient Needs ----------------> Infancy ----------------> Childhood ----------------> Adolescence ----------------> Teenager ----------------> Young Adult ----------------> Pregnancy, Lactation ----------------> Older Adult/Elderly ----------------> Athletes This is a special order that I created so you can build a strong foundation of the basics. My point is, if you study this order, then proceed to study domain 2 (clinical), then finish off the rest of the study guide (domain 3 & 4), you should feel like it's getting easier and you're feeling more confident and stronger as you're progressing through the study guide. These are topics that are sometimes covered in domain 1 in study guides that I think you should reserve to only study in domain 2, when you do anything clinical related: I left out: 1. Herbals, botanical, and supplements 2. Principles of normal human anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry 3. Renal, Pulmonary, Cardiovascular, Neurological, Musculoskeletal - basically, Anatomy and Physiology. Another super key point - test yourself after every category. Find 20 questions (if you can) on that specific category and answer them immediately after you've covered it. If you're having trouble gathering 20 questions on that specific topic, then 10 questions is fine. You probably think I am absolutely nuts - but I'm not trying to be. I really believe you can pass (no matter how many times you've failed) if you commit to one strategy and ride it out until the end. I did some research in memory and neuroscience and I mixed those findings into this guideline. If you test yourself after each category, like I suggested here, then your memory will get stronger. Also, with the order I just gave you, you'll be spacing certain topics out and bundling other topics together. So, it should transition better. You should feel like there's a flow there. That you're understanding the information better and you're remembering it. And, also - when you get to domain 2 - be sure to at least do 20-30 multiple choice questions from domain 1 to keep your memory fresh. Some of the students I've worked with forget some things from the earlier domains. I hope this wasn't TMI, but you are more than welcome to ask me any questions. You'll pass. :) This exam isn't hard. It's all strategy and technique. In fact, the exam is not a representation of your intelligence. So, just remember how smart you really are! Best wishes, Priyanka, RDN, LDN
Thank you Priyanka.
Posted by Renovatio2016:<BR>Posted by leana07:<BR>How do I pass the exam? I just took it again today for the third time using every method there is in this world of dietetic. i am so frustrated!!!! Do not buy any more materials! You will pass- I promise you. Try switching up your study strategy. I don't know what study guides you're using, but zero in on one and follow this outline I created for domain 1: TOPIC A - 1. Food science a. Physical and chemical properties of food (1) Meats, fish, poultry, meat alternatives (2) Eggs (3) Milk and dairy products (4) Flour and cereals (5) Vegetables and fruits (6) Fats and oils (7) Functional foods (8)Sauces (9) Candies (10) Frozen Desserts (11) Cakes, Cookies, Pastries (12) Quick Breads (13) Gelatin TOPIC B - CHO, PRO, FAT (Gastrointestinal Journey of the macronutrients). For each nutrient cover in this order: ----------------> Chemistry, Function ----------------> Ingestion ----------------> Digestion ----------------> Absorption ----------------> Metabolism (Krebs Cycle) of each one. ----------------> Excretion TOPIC C - Principles of Normal Nutrition Lifecycle & Energy/Nutrient Needs ----------------> Infancy ----------------> Childhood ----------------> Adolescence ----------------> Teenager ----------------> Young Adult ----------------> Pregnancy, Lactation ----------------> Older Adult/Elderly ----------------> Athletes This is a special order that I created so you can build a strong foundation of the basics. My point is, if you study this order, then proceed to study domain 2 (clinical), then finish off the rest of the study guide (domain 3 & 4), you should feel like it's getting easier and you're feeling more confident and stronger as you're progressing through the study guide. These are topics that are sometimes covered in domain 1 in study guides that I think you should reserve to only study in domain 2, when you do anything clinical related: I left out: 1. Herbals, botanical, and supplements 2. Principles of normal human anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry 3. Renal, Pulmonary, Cardiovascular, Neurological, Musculoskeletal - basically, Anatomy and Physiology. Another super key point - test yourself after every category. Find 20 questions (if you can) on that specific category and answer them immediately after you've covered it. If you're having trouble gathering 20 questions on that specific topic, then 10 questions is fine. You probably think I am absolutely nuts - but I'm not trying to be. I really believe you can pass (no matter how many times you've failed) if you commit to one strategy and ride it out until the end. I did some research in memory and neuroscience and I mixed those findings into this guideline. If you test yourself after each category, like I suggested here, then your memory will get stronger. Also, with the order I just gave you, you'll be spacing certain topics out and bundling other topics together. So, it should transition better. You should feel like there's a flow there. That you're understanding the information better and you're remembering it. And, also - when you get to domain 2 - be sure to at least do 20-30 multiple choice questions from domain 1 to keep your memory fresh. Some of the students I've worked with forget some things from the earlier domains. I hope this wasn't TMI, but you are more than welcome to ask me any questions. You'll pass. :) This exam isn't hard. It's all strategy and technique. In fact, the exam is not a representation of your intelligence. So, just remember how smart you really are! Best wishes, Priyanka, RDN, LDN Thank you Priyanka.
Thank you Priyanka, The last time I took the exam I studied moderately at my own pace, it took me about 2-3 months to go over the entire Inman review, since I really wanted to understand each concept. (Even then I left out some information because it was just too overwhelming) The second time I took it I studied moderately for the throughout the month and then crammed the very final week before the exam (I didn't leave my house for 7 days, I was a study-zombie) now I'm going on my third attempt. I definitely feel like the study habits need to be improved.
Posted by Renovatio2016:
Posted by Evienutrition:
Hey Evie, So sorry to hear that! Yeah, usually if you hit 125 questions, you pass. It's weird that that didn't happen for you. What was your routine? And, how did you study with Inman's and VV every day? It could be just that you need to switch up your strategy. I once failed it myself, changed my approach, and now I help people pass it. If you share your routine, I can give you three methods to use, using what you already have, to pass this next time. Stay positive. It's just an exam. ;) --Priyanka, RDN
Thank you Priyanka, The last time I took the exam I studied moderately at my own pace, it took me about 2-3 months to go over the entire Inman review, since I really wanted to understand each concept. (Even then I left out some information because it was just too overwhelming) The second time I took it I studied moderately for the throughout the month and then crammed the very final week before the exam (I didn't leave my house for 7 days, I was a study-zombie) now I'm going on my third attempt. I definitely feel like the study habits need to be improved. Posted by Renovatio2016:<BR>Posted by Evienutrition:<BR>Posted by dieteticintern:<BR>I just took the RD Exam, this afternoon. I did not pass the exam. I am extremely frustrated by the process. I used the Jean Inman materials for a study guide which I felt were helpful for about 15 - 20 of the questions. My exam shut off at exactly 125 questions. Read on some blogs that meant people passed. Obviously not for me. I am considering the rdstudy.com for one month's access. Just did not feel prepared for it and the questions on the exam. I felt pretty confident in the material from the study guide. Through my internship fee I also had access to the Academy's StEP review which was not helpful at all. Really frustrating. I wish these resources could be more geared towards how the exam is, not just memorizing facts, as has been pointed out by so many people. Just feel frustrated and dissapointed with myself. Gonna get up and try again but damn. I actually felt like I was doing ok during the exam, but I guess I wasn't do as well as I thought. Heyy I feel your frustration, I've taken it twice already and I cant help but to feel defeated.My exam shut down at exactly 125 questions. I am in your exact situation, I studied the Inman review back and forth, I bought VV and have used multiple apps. If you are interested in forming some sort of study group let me know. I am definitely down to try anything to pass this exam. Hey Evie, So sorry to hear that! Yeah, usually if you hit 125 questions, you pass. It's weird that that didn't happen for you. What was your routine? And, how did you study with Inman's and VV every day? It could be just that you need to switch up your strategy. I once failed it myself, changed my approach, and now I help people pass it. If you share your routine, I can give you three methods to use, using what you already have, to pass this next time. Stay positive. It's just an exam. ;) --Priyanka, RDN

Posted by Renovatio2016:<BR>Posted by leana07:<BR>How do I pass the exam? I just took it again today for the third time using every method there is in this world of dietetic. i am so frustrated!!!!

Do not buy any more materials! You will pass- I promise you. Try switching up your study strategy. I don't know what study guides you're using, but zero in on one and follow this outline I created for domain 1:

>Posted by Renovatio2016:<BR>Posted by leana07:<BR>How do I pass the exam? I just took it again today for the third time using every method there is in this world of dietetic. i am so frustrated!!!! >Do not buy any more materials! You will pass- I promise you. Try switching up your study strategy. I don't know what study guides you're using, but zero in on one and follow this outline I created for domain 1:

Hi, did you eventually pass the test? I just took it for the third time. I found it was pretty easy and was shocked to find that I didn't do well once again. I'm starting to think they are scoring this thing incorrectly. I know many who have taken this test over and over and can't pass it and these are brilliant people. I've taken the ndtr exam and passed in the first try a while back with ACT. Now with Pearson Vue, not many people can pass it. Makes you wonder what's up. Thoughts?

Hi, did you eventually pass the test? I just took it for the third time. I found it was pretty easy and was shocked to find that I didn't do well once again. I'm starting to think they are scoring this thing incorrectly. I know many who have taken this test over and over and can't pass it and these are brilliant people. I've taken the ndtr exam and passed in the first try a while back with ACT. Now with Pearson Vue, not many people can pass it. Makes you wonder what's up. Thoughts?
views
replies
followers
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft