|Job Description & Responsibilities:
Certified Dietary Manager
Certified Dietary Manager position opportunity at Orange
Healthcare and Wellness Centre in Orange, CA. The Dietary
Manager oversees dietary staff, participates in resident
care conferences, and ensures timely meal preparation.
Provides regulatory compliance and a safe environment.
Job Functions Include:
Plan Dietary Services:
Participate in regularly scheduled conferences including
Interdisciplinary Care plan meetings.
• Purchase food and supplies within budget and
maintain adequate supply.
• Provide guidance and administrative direction over
preparation and service of regular and therapeutic diets.
• Participate in maintaining records of the
resident’s food likes and dislikes.
• Visit residents periodically to evaluate quality of
meals served, likes and dislikes, etc.
• Provide timely and accurate completion of dietary
portion of MDS, Resident Care Planning, and Progress Notes
as well as Dietary Assessment, Diet Card and any other
dietary forms as required by the Administrator in order to
comply with federal and state regulations and facility
policies and procedures.
Supervise Food Preparation and Staffing:
• Provide nutritious, well-prepared, and palatable
meals in a timely and consistent manner while adhering to
menus and diet orders.
• Verify appropriate meals/snacks are served to
residents with special Dietary needs.
• Monitor food production maintaining use of
standardized recipes and menus and ensuring proper
preparation and storage of food and supplies.
• Maintain the highest level of quality and
timeliness of food service.
• Maintain adequate food and supplies for disaster
preparedness as required by state and federal regulations.
• Interview, hire, train, supervise, evaluate and
discipline dietary personnel.
• Certified Dietary Manager or Registered Dietitian,
meeting the requirements established by the State
Regulatory Agency and Title 22.
• Good communication skills with excellent self-
discipline and patience.
• Genuine caring for and interest in elderly and
disabled people in a nursing facility.
• Comply with the Residents' Rights and Facility
Policies and Procedures.