|Job Description & Responsibilities:
Dietitian assists in educating patients with a variety of nutritional needs, including diabetes, obesity, metabolic and other needs, including pediatric and adolescent patients. Counseling will be given to the patient and any family members or care givers that assist with the patients care.
• Assists in developing and teaching nutrition education programs.
• Collaborates with the ordering healthcare provider on the planning, implementing and evaluating needs and goals that they have for the patient.
• Participates and promotes the interdisciplinary process regarding the patient status, and plans of care.
• Must possess strong collaborative, interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, verbal and written communication skills that can produce consistent, demonstrated results.
• Conducts patient education classes and individual consults, including follow-up.
• Participates with other groups in the community to assist in nutritional education to our patients and the general public..
• Maintains diabetes supplies, educational materials, and products.
• Maintains continuing education in current nutritional care, diabetes management and other programs.
• Provides support to patients enrolled in Chronic Care Management.
• Follow all HIPAA, OSHA and practice guidelines.
• A minimum of two years of experience working in a clinical setting, preferably with patients having diabetes, obesity and metabolic nutrition needs .
• Graduate of accredited college or university. .
• Registered Dietitian
• Current BLS certification from the American Heart Association required.
• Certified Diabetic Educator a plus.
• Excellent communication and teaching skills.
• Spanish speaking/bilingual a plus.